Summertime.

So, as many of you don't know, my 16th birthday was Friday. And although I was away at the Georgia Journalism Academy, I still had fun that day and yesterday. Since Friday was our last full day at the camp, they organized a banquet and dance for us which was definitely amusing. I enjoyed myself! Actually I enjoyed the whole week. It was fun, and I learned a LOT about journalism and writing a feature story. It was a great experience!

Since I didn't get to really do anything on my birthday with my friends back home, my mom bought me cake and said she'd take me and some of my friends to the mall/movies. We went to see Bridesmaids, which was hilarious! Lol, overall it was a good night full of laughter and shopping. My friends are the best :)



Even though I just came back yesterday (and haven't unpacked yet), I have to start packing AGAIN. My real birthday present is going on a shopping spree in New York, my home state, and we're leaving on Wednesday. I'm soooo excited! I get to see all my old friends and my family. I already know I'm gonna have a blast. We're bringing my niece back with us to Georgia so I'll be stuck babysitting for a couple weeks when I come back.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I don't have a blogspot subdomain anymore. I purchased a domain, but Blogger is still my host (for now).

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for your advice! I guess that's just something I'll have to learn or I'll have an even bigger breakdown when I grow up. Arg.. losing sight of what I began webdesign for and trying to refocus is a tough job, but I will do it!

    Happy belated birthday, Kiara! You were really lucky to have your birthday fall on the banquet day! It sounded really fun. I've never been in a journalism class, but being in the school magazine team, I know how fun journalism is :)

    You got a banquet AND a night with your friends at the movies?! Wow, you lucky girl! Looks like you went home that night with quite a lot of shopping :D It's great to hear you've had such a great birthday period! Have fun in New York!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun birthday!! The journalism camp sounds awesome, too; that's one of my main career interests c: Sadly, there aren't really any camps like that around here though. Sigh.

    I saw Bridesmaids a few weeks ago and it WAS hilarious! I almost died laughing XD

    Congratulations on getting a domain! I think this is my first time visiting your site? But I love the layout; it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I wish I went to a journalism camp – it sounds like a lot of fun. I also love to write!

    Ah, I want to see Bridesmaids. I love funny movies.

    Love the domain! I just made a switch from blogspot to wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday!! :) I'm glad you had a good time!

    Oh wow I loveee New York, even though I've only been once. ;P I hope you have a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! When I was younger, I had wanted to get into journalism because I've always been a good writer; as I got older, I became in love with computers so that's what I'm getting into right now. I do write on the side and hope to get a book published even if it's self.

    I saw Bridesmaids in theaters too; I was surprised at just how funny it was. I would actually go back to the theater to watch it a second time! It should come out on DVD soon though so I'll definitely have to buy it.

    Hope you have fun in New York! And congrats on upgrading to a domain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun in New York! That sounds like a great trip :) Happy Belated Birthday!

    I'm adding you to my blogroll if that's alright! I need more people to follow :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww Happy birthday ! I wish I was 16 again and definitely have fun in new york I've been dying to go for the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!

    Looks like you guys had a blast. I think that's one thing I miss about my teenage years -- camps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a blast. Journalism camp sounds really fun, I think I'd love to go to one.

    I'll try to see the movie if it was so good! Haha.

    Wow, a shopping spree in NY? You're so lucky, I wish my mum'd do that for me, that'd be the best present ever. I hope you find a ton of amazing clothes there, it'll be a awesome, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete