Catching Up

Long time, no post! I can't believe it's literally been two months since I've last blogged.. I guess you can say time got away from me. But, a lot of exciting things have happened in my life since I last blogged and I can only thank God for everything he has done. Here's just a quick little update.

Since October...

  • I got my first car! My parents bought me a 2005 Chevy Malibu in November and I am very very grateful for that, especially since I don't even have a job (yet) to pay for gas. 
  • Received an official starting day for work: February 19th (I know, so far). I mentioned in a much earlier post that I got a job as an assistant to a woman who is starting an event planning business. Of course it has been a process but I'm glad that things are finally coming along!
  • For the first time in years, I spent Thanksgiving with my entire immediate family (immediate aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.). We were all kind of uneasy that my grandmother could not join us but it felt good to have the family all together again! Losing the meaning and value of family is terrible and I never want that to happen to my family because out of all the things my grandmother taught us all, the most important was that family comes first. I seriously had the best week ever with them.. didn't want to come back to Georgia!
  • My senior year of cheerleading has begun! Lots of memories to be made and  of course, seniority privileges :)
  • Finished my five college applications before winter break. Goal accomplished!
  • Speaking of applications, I got my first acceptance letter today! Not to mention, it was from my top choice out of the colleges I've applied to: Georgia State University. I still haven't come down from the high the words "Accepted" gave me. Too excited!
  • Finals are next week for me, then I'm done with semester (currently have all A's for all my classes). Only five more months until graduation!!!
  • My favorite holiday season is here: Christmas Season! This is the most wonderful time of the year, for sure! Happy Holidays, everyone :)

5 comments:

  1. Your schedule sounds a little like mine. But much cooler. :D
    It's great that you are having a good holiday season with an awesome kick off at Thanksgiving. I have yet to be able to go to a Thanksgiving like that with my big immediate family since I always lived far away. But we had a good thanksgiving over here just the same.
    I am so ready for this semester to be over. I just want to take off my thinking cap for awhile. It's getting tight!
    I can't wait till I'm done with the application process for college. Then I can focus on something else really important, like scholarships. *groan
    Congrats on the acceptance letter. That's huge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your accomplishments and happy moments. It seems like you have a lot of good things to look forward to and thats great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lot going on, but you're taking it all on well! Good luck with hearing back from colleges, it's an exciting time :) Happy holidays and good luck on finals :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so weird to know that I've been keeping up for you for YEARS now. I think you might have been a freshman in high school and now I'm a sophomore in college. CRAZY.

    I want to say congrats on your prospective job and new car! Hell, you're doing better than me. But perhaps you'll soon learn the college struggle this time next year, lol. JK. But it is hard out here.

    Speaking of college, don't forget I live in Georgia too and I go to school in Atlanta at Morehouse. If you end up at GSU as planned, remember I am right around the way - literally! I'm sure we will run into each other at a party or homecoming event. It's kind of exciting! lol

    Everything seems to be going quite well for you. Keep up all the hard work and enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're totally on the ball girlie! A lot of young women need to read this. Getting apps done is SO important, especially before the New Year! And to get an acceptance letter? You rock! I too, was a cheerleader all the way through high school -- *cheers to us*.

    Stay amazing & inspiring!

    Oh, and added you to my blog roll!

    Kimbery
    KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete